Friday, May 15, 2009

My cries yesterday were heard wrong ...

So yesterday, I posted that I wanted to see female heroines kicking butt.

Today, I get this: 2012 Bubblegum Crisis Film Planned with Caucasion/Asian Cast

UGH...

Don't get me wrong, I LOVED the original Bubblegum Crisis. I just can't see it as a live action film without being extremely cheesy.

Also, I'm not sure why the headlines on ANN emphasized that it would have a "Caucasion/Asian Cast". Because frankly, in this day and age, it shouldn't be a headline. Oh wow! Look! A Caucasion/Asian cast. I guess we're diverging from African American/Asian casts (Rush Hour) and Caucasion/Asian cast (the last Mummy). Wait, never mind. It's been done...

The only cool thing I can find is that it will be "the first co-production between the six nations."

Anyways, I'm guessing this will be the next Dragonball Evolution movie... so quoting from Allie, "Bite me!"

~Meg

2 comments:

Allie said...

hahaha... I love the use of the word "Caucasian." Do people under the age of 50 use that anymore? My parents always used to say "Caucasian" and "Oriental". I just say "White" and "Asian". ;) But, yeah Meg, I agree with you that's it's stupid of them to have to emphasize the fact that it's a mixed cast. LOL

Suzu said...

I guess they mentioned it because of the 21 and Avatar Drama. ^^' It's sad. :(

Post a Comment